Post subject: cats fighting
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:46 pm 
Member Status *****

two of my cats both female, not neutered have been the best of friends since being kittens. problem now they are both 8 months old are they have started fighting.
i know which girl it is that always starts. would it be kinder to rehome her as an only pet. she is a little nervous of new people which is why i kept her but im not sure shes happy now. any suggestions. :?

Post subject: Re: cats fighting
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:01 pm 
Member Status ****

Angelgirl are they queens or pets?

If pets you need to get them neutured a pubity has come and they will fight :( and will do everytime they go into season! (just think of high school lol)

If they are future queens there is quite a few things to try thankfully :) felaway (poor spelling soz) or try giving them some time out :) just make sure they dont hurt each other but all said it is probably them both going into their first season which is the cause

But rehoming is worst case senario huni :(

Speak soon

N x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:13 pm 
Member Status *****

thankyou nybee. i dont want to rehome the girl causing the fights unless she would be happier on her own. yes they are queens, one girl maybe pregnant as she was mated 2 weeks ago, the other had her first season 4 weeks ago but i didnt put her with the boy, so possibly coming back into season. im happy to have the girl who causes the fights neutered if this will make her happier. i already use feliway. its strange as ive tried seperating them but she cries for her friend when apart then fights when shes with her. :(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:44 pm 
Member Status ****

Well i find with one of my queens that shes get crabby when pregnant ironically she ready to have her final litter very soon any day now :D but when shes pregnant she just starts on everyone else hissing growling the odd ocassional slap (sounds like me overdue :lol: )

What breed is she?

N x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:06 pm 
Member Status *****

there mainecoons. its not the one who maybe pregnant, its the other cat. i dont want to rehome her so im going to book her in for neutering hopefully tuesday and pray it makes a difference. :(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:10 pm 
Member Status *****

I wouldnt worry too much angelgirl, my oldest Ragdoll, the one now spayed was always bad tempered with the others when in season, you could try seperating them again and wait until the season is finished,and in any case it might be like 2 of mine,one minute they were cuddled up together,the next having a go at each other :roll:
Your 8 month old pregnant girl could just be anxious and giving off vibes ,she is young isnt she to be mated, maybe just doesnt feel too good,and the other is picking up on it :?
Maybe you should give her a bit more time,it might be a passing phase you know :?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:25 pm 
Member Status *****

thanks vj. she maybe feeling left out as normally my bedroom door is open so she can curl up on my bed but as i have the 10 litter of kittens obviously she cant go in there just yet.
my other girl who maybe pregnant is young but its her 4th season and the breeder said i had to mate her or she may get pyomera. the girl whos fighting isnt in season as yet but could be due to come in. they are strange as now shes asleep in the same cat bed as the girl she fights with. i wont give up on her and if she has to be neutered then thats what needs to be done, as long as shes happy this is the main thing.
would have thought 2 studboys living together would cause friction but they are happy, never thought it would be the girls.... hormones.....having 2 teenage daughters and the cats im leaving home. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:27 pm 
Member Status ****

I was thinking the same vj, and 8 months is very early i feel third call or 1yr at the earliest?!?

Hopefully they will calm soon :)

N x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:30 pm 
Member Status *****

she was very early for her first season aged 4 months. normally i like them to be like my other girl 2years old for the first mating so they have time to grow bigger. i was told its her pedigree line but then ive only just started breeding so still learning. :D
breeders give goats milk... do you just give it to the kittens or dilute it first, never tried goats milk before.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:35 pm 
Member Status *****

Hope all calms down soon angelgirl, :) your cat would have been fine for a bit longer i,m sure,,i think its when they are constantly coming into season [more than 4 times] that there is a danger, but some people will tell you anything whether they are sure or not :? might have been better to ask your vet , but then again---