All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bit of advise needed please
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:32 pm 
Member Status ****

Righty my very last ash baby is away tonight but ive got a really bad feeling about his new home :( i dont know why but ive just got a weird feeling :( never had this before :(

What started the bad feeling off is when i spoke to the new owner a few days ago to say yep he ready and she asked what he needed in i explained his food which is raw because he wouldnt eat dry or wet and god help me we tried everything :( and she then told me oh i wont feed him that he can get dry an wet and if he really wont eat it then she will consider raw as a last resort :( i explained that since switching to raw hes been gaining at least 100g a week and is doing brilliantly but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears :( ive made him up 2 weeks of raw to take with him so she doesnt have too,

My head is screaming dont let him go but i feel guilty because of the woman children :(

I just dont know what to do :( they are really nice people and are serious animal lovers but the food thing is bugging me :( xxx

Post subject: Re: Bit of advise needed please
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:50 pm 
Member Status *****

Hi Nybee :) I can understand your concerns :(
Looking at things from the new owners point of view perhaps this news was a bit of a shock, I'm sure they just expected the kitten to eat cat food as anyone would :lol:
If you really like the people then I think your kitten will be fine. Offer support at the end of the phone and let them try him with the other foods he has previously refused. I would only be really worried if you thought they would let him starve :( You never know, they might be raw converts :D
Em x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:18 pm 
Member Status *****

Is it only the food thing which is bothering you - or are you using it to hang a general bad feeling on? If it's just the food then send it off with the two week supply and an explanation. If it's a general unease - well I always reckon if there's any doubt then there's no doubt. You can always use the need for a 'special' diet to explain why it isn't the right kitten for them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:35 pm 
Member Status *****

toadvs wrote:
well I always reckon if there's any doubt then there's no doubt.

Yes, I think I would be thinking this too and it would be eating away at me really (no pun intended). I would hope that the new owner has the sense to keep in touch with you should her 'diet plan' not work out. This would then prove the point really wouldn't it :?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:51 pm 
Member Status *****

I can understand what you mean nybee, you feel that its a case of he will eat what he is given and like it or lump it, :shock:
Thats the feeling i get from what you have said the woman said :?
I had a kitten go a few years ago ,a bengal, and all he would eat without a fuss was chicken,
The man who came for him said something similiar, well he wont be getting that every day :(
I gave him some chicken to go with and i felt uneasy too, he did say he would wean him off it,,and i did hear from him that the kitten was now eating other food, but i know how you feel,but i still regretted letting him go,and worried for some time :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:15 pm 
Member Status ****

Well they came this evening and my fears are now gone :)

She said she had done a bit of researched but was still freaked out so i asked her and her family if they would like to help me prepare some so we had an hour if squeels, ewwwwws and laughter :)

So i feel we may have some converts :) so they left here dropped wee mr at home settled him in and went to asda to give him so quiet time and ive literally just received a picture of a serious load of raw they are going to prep and freeze tomorrow for charlie and poppy there other cat :)

Fears gone thankfully :) she also appoligised for how blunt/rude she came accross on her message she didnt realise until her hubby pointed out lol x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:34 pm 
Member Status *****

Oh that's great news Nybee, so glad your mind is at rest now :D
I thought they might have just been a little bit surprised and would come around to the idea, pleased for you and your little man 8)
Em x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:41 pm 
Member Status *****

What a relief you must feel :D , i think sometimes people dont mean to be rude or as blunt as they might seem to be, until someone close points it out to them :)
What raw do you feed nybee? rabbit or heart or something like that :?
I have read a lot that kittens do well on raw, but just worried that new owners might not like doing that,and the kittens might not take to their new food :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:15 pm 
Member Status *****

veejay wrote:
i think sometimes people dont mean to be rude or as blunt as they might seem to be, until someone close points it out to them

She might have been a bit unnerved and didn't expect that a cat would eat that kind of diet until she went away and thought about it some more. :?
Seems like she has bothered to research it and it's paid off :D